Monday, February 22, 2010

Pomery Article / The Beginning

This article by Chris Pomery gave me the Idea of consolidating our trees with the help of DNA.

http://www.jogg.info/52/files/Pomery.htm

   How many hours have I spent researching my family tree on Ancestry.com and Genealogy boards? How many hours have you spent? How much money have we spent on DNA tests only to connect with others that are researching the same lines. I thought about this after reading the article above.

    If we had a central researcher that could consolidate our trees and compare our DNA results, think about the time and money we could save. Also many of us have hit dead ends in our research, why not join a group of likeminded family to pool our resources as well as data to overcome these dead ends.

   The Pomery admins were able to drop the number of active Pomery family trees from about 300 to 49. I want to do the same thing with the I2a1 Allens from America. This year it would be great if we could consolidate to one or two trees. Then we would all be dealing with the same data and it could be reviewed by each of us for errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment